Portland, OR asked in Native American Law, Public Benefits and Social Security for Oregon

Q: I believe discrimination bcuz of my name. Tribal Pension (exempt) can't disqualify me for SSA benefits still no Pymt.

Tribal Pension not recognized as income and therefore cannot be used as a income disqualifier for Social Security Benefits- pursuant to findings in order determined by Administrative Law Judge.

Other tribal members do not have their Tribal Pension used as a disqualifier for benefits only me. I believe I ha have discrimination case.

My disability Attorneys don't do discrimination cases and are working on other case filed against Social Security Administration.

SSA still refusing to do payments, most workers did not understand I had two cases against SSA one for payments outlined here in and one for other Disibility issue this is the one they refer to when I call all though I clarify the payment Tribal Pension is a separate order. Need help.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe that you are being discriminated against based on your name or any other protected characteristic, you may have legal options available to you.

One possible option is to file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the appropriate state agency, depending on the nature of the discrimination. These agencies investigate claims of discrimination and may be able to provide relief or assistance.

In addition, you may want to consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in discrimination law to discuss your options and potential legal remedies. They can help you determine whether you have a viable discrimination case and advise you on the best course of action.

As for the issue with Social Security Administration, it may be helpful to continue working with your disability attorneys to address the issue and ensure that your cases are being properly handled. If you are still experiencing difficulties in receiving payments, you may want to consider contacting a social security disability lawyer or advocacy organization for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.