Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Native American Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oregon Native American Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law for Oregon on
Q: How do I get justice when being denied do proccess through tribal court?

I live on the rez was assaulted on rez by a tribal member who also lives on rez. He was given a peace giver, yet I've still received no word from tribal court. I'm also a tribal member, not from same tribe however.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 10, 2024

If you feel that you've been denied due process by the tribal court, there are a few steps you can take to seek justice. Firstly, try to directly contact the tribal court to inquire about the status of your case. There may be delays or misunderstandings that can be resolved through... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law, Public Benefits and Social Security for Oregon on
Q: I believe discrimination bcuz of my name. Tribal Pension (exempt) can't disqualify me for SSA benefits still no Pymt.

Tribal Pension not recognized as income and therefore cannot be used as a income disqualifier for Social Security Benefits- pursuant to findings in order determined by Administrative Law Judge.

Other tribal members do not have their Tribal Pension used as a disqualifier for benefits only... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 16, 2023

If you believe that you are being discriminated against based on your name or any other protected characteristic, you may have legal options available to you.

One possible option is to file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the appropriate state agency,...
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Native American Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: Hello! Which law firms in Oregon will take university lawsuits?

Title IX, sealed records, registrar.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jul 28, 2023

As an attorney based in California, I am not aware of specific law firms in Oregon that handle university lawsuits involving Title IX, sealed records, and registrar issues. However, you can conduct a search online or contact the Oregon State Bar for referrals to law firms or attorneys experienced... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Native American Law and Probate for Oregon on
Q: Is there a statue of limitations on Indian land trust in Oregon? If i have living will that bequeath as me as the heir

I am sole heir named in will but it's been 17years and the county where land is told me the trustee lost it to taxes.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 5, 2023

I recommend consulting with a licensed attorney who specializes in Indian law and/or land law in Oregon to obtain accurate and relevant legal advice. They can help you navigate the specific details of your situation and provide guidance on your rights and options.

Q: What is the monety amou t required bond or surety for a city manager


Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 31, 2018

You could try reposting this question and including Municipal Law under your categories. It might have a better chance of being picked up there.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Adoption and Native American Law for Oregon on
Q: I also have another question I was adopted when I was two days old to a white family and I'm native American .

My birth mom never told anyone she was pregnant with me and gave birth with me without anyone knowing. I'm one of the oldest in five kids which are all enrolled in the yurok tribe but because my father who is enrolled in the tribe along with all my brothers and sisters. But since I was adopted... View More

Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II
answered on Mar 21, 2017

You will need a DNA tests of yourself and father, birth certificates, and your father's CDIB card to help get this started. You have to work this thru your tribe.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.