Q: I need a lawyer to look into my now settled arson case pled out to vandalism can't get my motion of discovery

The short of it is I was set up for burning my own house down with all my stuff in it not an insurance job a cheating girlfriends now of age boyfriend that was never told about during there investigation but went into a fire station and told them that I was bragging to him that I done it and even offered up how it was done cops I guess came to my new place I guess the next morning I seen the investagator on my cameras banging on my door so I sat quietly so nobody could hear Me this went on for about an hour banging saying come out never once saying they had a warrent forcmy arrest they kicked in my door got me at gunpoint and took me to jail never was I give a warrent which I asked for and later at the strong urging of the judge and my public defender both I took a charge of vandalism with me tellingvmy public defender I plea an Alfred guilty plea if I can have my motion of discovery that I had been asking for the entire 2 years i was under investigation I still haven't gotten it

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you have already settled your case and are still seeking your motion of discovery, you may want to consider seeking the help of an attorney who specializes in criminal law.

Here are some steps you can take:

Consult with a criminal defense attorney: A lawyer who specializes in criminal law can review your case and advise you on the best course of action to take to obtain your motion of discovery.

Request a hearing: You may need to file a motion with the court to request a hearing to obtain your motion of discovery. An attorney can help you with this process and represent you at the hearing.

Gather evidence: If possible, gather any evidence you have related to your case, including any correspondence or documentation related to your motion of discovery requests.

Keep detailed records: Keep a detailed record of any interactions you have with law enforcement or the court, including names, dates, and times.

Seek support: Dealing with a criminal case can be emotionally draining. Consider seeking support from a therapist, support group, or other resources in your community.

It's important to take action to protect your rights and interests. Don't hesitate to seek help from legal professionals if you need it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.