Los Angeles, CA asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Identity Theft and Child Custody for California

Q: TMobile has been selling my information without my consent. To developers and marketing people to make money. It has put

It has put me in danger. My personal life. I have stalkers,I've been sexually assaulted. Etc. My identity has been stolen,I've lost my house my cars, my kids temporarily on allegations. I need a lawyer

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you believe that T-Mobile has sold your personal information without your consent and that this has resulted in harm to you, you may have legal options to seek compensation for your damages.

Here are some steps you can take:

Consult with an attorney: It's important to speak with an experienced attorney who can advise you on your legal options and represent you in court if necessary. Look for an attorney who has experience in privacy law or consumer protection law.

Gather evidence: Gather any evidence you have that shows that T-Mobile sold your personal information without your consent. This may include emails, letters, or other documentation that shows how your information was shared or sold.

File a complaint: You may be able to file a complaint with the California Attorney General's office or with the Federal Trade Commission. These agencies may investigate the matter and take action against T-Mobile if they determine that the company has violated the law.

Consider a lawsuit: Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to file a lawsuit against T-Mobile to seek compensation for your damages. An attorney can evaluate your case and advise you on the best course of action.

It's important to note that privacy laws can be complex and that the specific facts of your case will be important in determining your legal options. An experienced attorney can provide guidance and representation throughout the legal process.

Yelena Gurevich agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.