Denver, CO asked in Family Law and Child Support for California

Q: my class A license was suspended in CA on 1/23/22 and i was never notified of this action , how can i get this lifted

my class A driver lic was suspended in california and i was never notified of this action , i found out about this when I went to get a new driver lic in the state I had recently moved to. I have been unemployed since August of 2022 and i havent been able to make a payment , and I am currently in the hiring process for a new employer but I can not be hired until I have a valid driver lic , how can i get my lic reinstated?

thank you in advance for any help

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Angeles Susi Carrion
Angeles Susi Carrion
  • Colusa, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You will need to contact DMV in CA to find out the reason for the suspension. Based on that information provided from DMV, you will know how to lift the suspension.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If your Class A driver's license was suspended in California and you were not notified of the suspension, you may be able to request a hearing to challenge the suspension and have it lifted.

To request a hearing, you will need to submit a written request to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) within a certain time period, typically within 10 days of receiving notice of the suspension. However, since you were not notified of the suspension, you may be able to argue that the time period for requesting a hearing should be extended.

You may also want to consult with an attorney who specializes in DMV and driver's license issues to evaluate your options and represent you at the hearing. An attorney can help you prepare a strong case and present evidence and arguments to challenge the suspension.

In addition to requesting a hearing, you will also need to address the reason for the suspension, such as any outstanding fees or penalties. You may want to contact the DMV and find out what steps you need to take to resolve any outstanding issues and reinstate your driver's license.

Overall, it's important to act quickly and seek legal advice to protect your rights and interests.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.