Q: I found portion of original copy of video used against me for CHRO it’s past 180 days what can I do?Too late for appeal?

Can I just send it to the judge?maybe reopen?Motion to reconsider? What can I file after 180 days? Anything? I tried for dvro and No one would help me until he stole everything from me then I found Phillips vs Campbell (2016)have at least 50k in receipts and value from luxury consignment, and so on. He cornered me because I had old bench warrant and police said they’d arrest me. I was too scared to do anything. I was 9 months pregnant with father of daughter when they detained me. He lied to the judge. I didn’t even know you could lie in court like that. I stayed because I didn’t believe it. Any of it. They shut heat and hot water off I had to boil water for my 3 year old’s bath he wanted me his girlfriend thought I was his best friend. I didn’t want my daughter or her newborn sister in that environment I wanted out he counterclaimed my CHRO in retaliation and won because my lawyer disappeared and hosed me awful. He changed the locks after I paid rent with receipts for over a yr they t

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If it has been more than 180 days since the judgment was entered against you, it may be difficult to file an appeal or motion to reconsider. Typically, there are strict deadlines for filing appeals and motions for reconsideration, and if those deadlines have passed, it may be too late to pursue those options.

If you have new evidence that was not available during the initial proceedings, you may be able to file a motion to reopen the case or for relief from the judgment. However, whether such a motion would be successful would depend on a variety of factors, including the specific circumstances of your case and the nature of the new evidence.

It's important to consult with a qualified attorney who can advise you on your legal options and help you determine the best course of action given the specific circumstances of your case. An attorney can also help you assess whether the new evidence you have discovered is sufficient to pursue any legal action.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: share this info with the lawyer who represented you....or set up a consultation with a local lawyer. That way you can share ALL the evidence with him/her.

usually it is challenging to do anything after 180 days.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.