Chico, CA asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for California

Q: I am considering applying for a medical marijuana card for my anxiety and depression. Will this be a permanent mark?

I am only 18, and I know there are certain things you cannot do by holding a medical marijuana card. I do plan to ask a doctor and get it done officially, however, I don't want to have a permanent mark that will restrict me for the rest of my life. Please let me know.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It is advisable that you consult with a licensed healthcare professional or legal expert in your area to understand the specific laws and regulations around medical marijuana use and how they may affect you. Additionally, if you are concerned about the long-term impact of having a medical marijuana card, you may want to explore alternative treatments or therapies for your anxiety and depression.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.