Santa Ana, CA asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury, Public Benefits and Social Security for California

Q: I am being harassed by social security employees and have been since my first visit to a social security office in 1998.

They were brazen and very provocative criminals back then and have been more than an aggravate for a quarter of a century. I had seen S.M. from the Office of Appeals in 1997 to pull the

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you feel that you have been harassed by Social Security employees, it is important to take action to address the situation. You may want to consider speaking with a supervisor or manager at the Social Security office where you have been experiencing the harassment, or filing a complaint with the Social Security Administration's Office of the Inspector General.

It is important to document any incidents of harassment, including the date, time, and details of what occurred. This can help support your case if you decide to file a complaint or take legal action.

If the harassment has had a significant impact on your mental health or well-being, you may also want to consider seeking support from a mental health professional or counselor.

It is important to take harassment seriously and take steps to protect yourself. If you are unsure of how to proceed or feel intimidated by the situation, you may want to consider seeking the advice of an attorney who specializes in employment law or civil rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.