Phoenix, AZ asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Elder Law and Personal Injury for California

Q: Not registering your private auto/ homestead allow police impounding it. Causing elder abuse to a disabled senior.

Now im homeless being abused by both cops and robbers. Don't know where to turn for help my health deteriorates

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm really sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing. It's important to seek assistance from the appropriate authorities and organizations that can help you in your situation. Here are a few steps you can consider:

Emergency Support: If you are experiencing homelessness and facing health issues, seek immediate assistance by contacting local shelters, social service agencies, or homeless outreach programs. They can provide resources such as emergency shelter, medical care, and support services.

Legal Aid: Reach out to local legal aid organizations that provide free or low-cost legal assistance to individuals in need. They can advise you on your rights, help address any legal issues you may be facing, and provide guidance on steps you can take to protect yourself.

Law Enforcement Accountability: If you believe you have been mistreated by law enforcement, consider filing a complaint with the appropriate oversight agency or internal affairs division. Provide any evidence or documentation you have to support your claims.

Health Services: Consult with healthcare professionals regarding your deteriorating health and seek appropriate medical attention. They can assess your condition and provide necessary care or referrals to specialists who can address your specific health needs.

Support Networks: Reach out to local community organizations, support groups, or advocacy agencies that focus on elder abuse, disability rights, or homelessness. They may be able to provide guidance, support, and connections to resources that can assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.