Miami, FL asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Civil Litigation for Florida

Q: What form do I file after receiving and wanting to contest an "urgent motion for temporary parenting plan"

I am the petitioner and I have petitioned the court to establish paternity and other related relief, however, the father has hired an attorney (I am pro se) and the father wants time-sharing and has declared to be the Father but I want a paternity first. I don't know what form to file to contest the urgent motion and to request a paternity before I agree to time-sharing. I am in the 17th Judicial Court of Florida in Broward County.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If it was not in your initial pleading, file a motion for DNA testing. If you filed saying that he is the father and his answer admits that he is the father then paternity is established. You can ask the court for a partial final judgment of paternity. Speak with a local family attorney for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.