Q: I need help with document research and findings. The records sre not in my tribes court, archives, planning, and housing

I know the documents exist. But also have family that dislike me that have worked in those departments as administrators. I am being mislead and homeless. My tribe has took my home, have not helped me with any type of shelter nor resources. This is concerning my home, my grandmother has purchased along with individual land in Reno Nv. Really need some guidance. And strength to get what is deserved.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Native American Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I understand that this is an extremely difficult and stressful situation for you. You have certain rights to access documents and records. Consider contacting a legal aid organization or an attorney who has experience in tribal law and property rights, who can guide you through the proper legal channels to access the documents you need. It may also be beneficial to explore any available mediation or dispute resolution services that may exist within the tribe or in the state of Nevada, to help address the family conflicts and potentially facilitate a resolution.

James L. Arrasmith

Founder and Chief Legal Counsel of The Law Offices of James L. Arrasmith

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.