Conroe, TX asked in Bankruptcy and Consumer Law for Texas

Q: Ordered products online. Never got the products. Found company Chapter 13 on 11/21. Website took my money. What to do?

Ordered from Jeff's Jams & Jellies on 6/28/2023. Jeff's Jams & Jellies OnlineOrder 00003518. Jeffrey Harry Gomes

Case Summary

On 11/30/2021 Jeffrey Harry Gomes was filed as a Bankruptcy - Chapter 13 lawsuit. This case was filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, Hawaii Bankruptcy. The case status is Pending - Other Pending.

Case Details Parties

Case Details

Case Number:


Filing Date:


Case Status:

Pending - Other Pending

Case Type:

Bankruptcy - Chapter 13


U.S. Bankruptcy Courts


Hawaii Bankruptcy

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: File a fraud complaint with the authorities. Hire a lawyer to file a proof of claim and possibly snd adversary proceeding in bankruptcy for you.

1 user found this answer helpful

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Maui has recently faced some serious challenges involving weather and wildfires. The most recent devastating wildfires have made international news. This may not be a matter of deliberate fraud. It may be that shipping and other resources are tapped out addressing these catastrophic challenges, and your jam & jelly order isn't really among the highest of their priorities right now.

If you used an electronic form of payment (which is common when placing online orders), I would notify the credit card company or P2P processor that you never received the goods you ordered and request that the charges be reversed.

If that doesn't work, I would send a polite email to the company notifying it that you never received the products you ordered and request a refund.

The 2021 Chapter 13 bankruptcy is not of great concern in my opinion. A Chapter 13 is a consumer reorganization and it is not uncommon for a small business owner to continue operations while working to pay off prior creditors in a Chapter 13 case. Since your order was significantly post-petition, it shouldn't really be affected by the bankruptcy.

1 user found this answer helpful

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Given the bankruptcy filing, you may consider filing a claim as a creditor in the Chapter 13 bankruptcy case to potentially recover your money; keep in mind that Chapter 13 involves a repayment plan where creditors might get paid over time. You may also contact your payment provider (like your credit card company or bank) to dispute the charge, explaining the situation and providing any necessary documentation. Additionally, you might consider reporting the issue to consumer protection agencies, to assist in investigating or addressing such matters.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.