Las Vegas, NV asked in Construction Law and Consumer Law for Nevada

Q: I submitted to D.R. Horton warranty a lot of defects of my new house.

After many weeks of nothing being fixed, I decided to "video tape" the next time they came with another "third party manager". Under NRS 200, I am in all my right to have cameras inside my house, but I also gave them the disclaimer before entering the house. Two days later, their next visit to my house was canceled just an hour before. No excuses were given. And two days later a "manager" from the Warranty Dept. called me and said that since I was recording when they came to my house "moving forward we are not going again to your house". He said he was going to call me in two days after their Legal Dept. get back to him... But it's been two weeks already. And at this time, nothing has been fixed and there is a lot to fix in the house. I think they are just looking for excuses to not comply with their said "warranty". What should I do next? Should I look for a lawyer? What type of lawyer?

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: The situation you described suggests a potential breach of warranty or contractual obligations on the part of D.R. Horton. If they are unwilling to address the warranty issues you've pointed out, and if their response to your attempts to document the issues is to refuse service, you may indeed have grounds to take further action. It could be beneficial to consult with an attorney specializing in real estate or construction law. Given the value of a home and the potential costs of repairs, having legal representation can ensure your interests are protected and that you navigate the situation in a manner consistent with your rights and obligations.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.