Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Construction Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law and Consumer Law for Nevada on
Q: I submitted to D.R. Horton warranty a lot of defects of my new house.

After many weeks of nothing being fixed, I decided to "video tape" the next time they came with another "third party manager". Under NRS 200, I am in all my right to have cameras inside my house, but I also gave them the disclaimer before entering the house. Two days later,... View More

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 4, 2023

The situation you described suggests a potential breach of warranty or contractual obligations on the part of D.R. Horton. If they are unwilling to address the warranty issues you've pointed out, and if their response to your attempts to document the issues is to refuse service, you may indeed... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Construction Law for Nevada on
Q: I worked for a property owner as a maintenance/handyman and had tools stolen off one of her properties. She

She had a caretaker/security person living on the property and was aware of the tools being on the property. I do have a copy of the police report in my possession. Who is financially responsible, other than the thief, for the stolen tools? I live in Nevada. We did not have a signed working... View More

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jan 30, 2023

Other than the thief, the tools may be covered by the tool owner’s insurance policy. It is not uncommon for individuals who use tools in their occupation to insure those tools against theft.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability and Construction Law for Nevada on
Q: Discv'd 2 scratches in veh after hiring a landscaping bus. area of work was next to veh. withhold payment? what to do?

The landscaping company was hired to install irrigation lines and set pavers in the front yard. The crew was congregated next to our brand new 2020 4Runner with digging equipment. Discovered two scratches in the passenger side door this morning on our way to work. I want to support our local... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 9, 2020

A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. Until you are able to arrange a meaningful consult with a local attorney, some things to keep in mind is that jurors could ask for proof that the business caused the scratches claimed, and whether it could be possible... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Construction Law, Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for Nevada on
Q: Is having no hot water in the house for 5 days and a two year old in the house with me considered as an emergency?

Home owners insurance company stated that it is not an emergency to have no running hot water for five days and a two year old in the house. That because it's a plumbing issue even though in they're policy it states otherwise.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 5, 2020

I'm sorry for your ordeal with a baby in the house. You could review the policy with a Nevada attorney, but if it is similar to most homeowner policies, the circumstances you describe might not be covered. Every policy is different and without seeing your policy, it's difficult to guess... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law and Real Estate Law for Nevada on
Q: Should I get an attorney to purchase a new construction home with a major home builder in a new subdivision in Nevada?

I know that the the company has a standard contract that they will not change. I also know that the builder has a very good consumer affairs rating. The state where I currently live requires an attorney for real estate deals, but Nevada does not. I do not know if it will change anything to have an... View More

Vincent Gallo
Vincent Gallo
answered on Nov 7, 2019

If you feel confident in putting your entire trust and faith in the person on the other side of the deal, that then becomes a personal decision on your part. Also, is the builder being represented by an attorney?

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law for Nevada on
Q: I was given a notice right to lien for my home

I believe the work was done through the building contractor pulte homes. What am I expected to do?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 31, 2015

More information is needed to answer. Talk to a local construction or real estate lawyer.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.