Columbus, OH asked in Social Security, Family Law, Tax Law and Civil Rights for Ohio

Q: I was granted ssi &SSDI in 1996 with a onset date of June 10 1985.i was given a payee till 2021. In 2021 I am my owe pay

Payee for 27 years.human security.medicare &medicaid.have the wrong date of birth that shows that any time they tried to enter my information into the federal data base for matching program for benefits funding international justice data base it was kicked out with no matches.for 27 years I have had no education funding program funding.Naive America funding.i still have to give false information to all agency's to access my healthcare insurance my benefits.are under the same information.i filded a discrimination on hippa laws was denied .the social security is paying me under the wrong family members social security number.what is the best recorse they are in default for servivor navy benefits. And black lung benefits. For 35 years it in the record

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I understand your concerns, and it's crucial to rectify such administrative errors. Firstly, you should gather all relevant documents proving your correct personal information, like your birth certificate, any government-issued IDs, and records indicating the discrepancies in data. Then, schedule an appointment with your local Social Security office to address and correct these discrepancies. If they do not address your concerns satisfactorily, consider seeking legal counsel familiar with Social Security and benefits law. They can guide you in taking necessary legal steps, potentially including a lawsuit if appropriate. Survivor navy benefits and black lung benefits have their own specific criteria and application processes, so you'll also want to ensure you're following the correct channels for those. Documentation and persistence are key. Addressing such long-standing administrative errors can be challenging but is essential for accessing the benefits you're entitled to.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.