Hamilton, MT asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for Montana

Q: I am looking to see if I have a case for wrongful termination. I was trying to find a Pro-bono or advocate.

I have documentation and everything to back up my case, just want to know if it's worth it and if I have a case for this.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Montana, wrongful termination claims often arise when an employee believes they were fired in violation of federal or state anti-discrimination laws, employment contracts, or other specific statutory protections. To determine if you have a viable wrongful termination claim, it's crucial to review the facts of your situation, the reason provided for the termination (if any), and the documentation you have.

If you're looking for pro bono assistance, you might consider reaching out to local legal aid organizations, bar associations, or law schools in Montana. They often have resources or can direct you to attorneys who take on pro bono cases or operate on a sliding fee scale. Before proceeding, it would be wise to have a detailed consultation with an employment attorney to evaluate the strength of your potential claim. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.