Tulsa, OK asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Oklahoma

Q: I got served divorce summons I don't agree with. I have noticed that there is a couple typos can a motion dismiss this

If I have a disability what motion can I file that prohibits any court procedures continuing

2 Lawyer Answers
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Typos are natural. It won’t get dismissed because of that, if you make it an issue the other party only has to resubmit it as an amended petition, but the petition is not the final decree, so it’s really not a major issue ‘normally’. You must answer the petition/summons within the allotted time or hire an attorney to file an entry with an extension request. Your best bet is to hire an attorney because these things while sometimes seem very simple can be problematic if not handled properly.

1 user found this answer helpful

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If you disagree with the divorce summons you've received, you can file a response within the specified timeframe. Typically, typos in the summons aren't grounds for dismissal. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.