Alexandria, KY asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Construction Law for Kentucky

Q: What type attorney represents homeowner with property damage from contractors negligence. Damage exceed KY small claims

Hired a 5 star "thumbtack" recommended company to install hardwood floor/paint paying $30k cash. Won't provide copy IRS Form 8300 or the flooring style so I can hire someone to correct mistakes. Contract charged for disposal of old flooring which I disposed of. Wood cut inside home permanently damaging anything uncovered. I was told one floor would be done at a time however home unlivable from Day 1 costing 6 weeks in hotel. Contract included painting 2nd floor loft but entire first floor walls/ceilings 900sqft painted erroneously. Dropped hammer into air duct breaking duct so A/c going to basement not into home. AC turned to 60* degrees so condensation in basement damaged items. Used my desk as work table causing irreversible damages with paint, saw dust etc. Scratched and broke furniture and appliances. Left 13 bags of garbage/materials in home. 10 lg oil stains on driveway. Furniture not moved back. Lost house keys, dried paint and drywall on floors and more. Over $10k damages

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You need a construction or building attorney. A Cosper protection rights attorney would also be helpful.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.