Anaheim, CA asked in Divorce, Estate Planning and Family Law for California

Q: If I have a trust set up in my name do I have to put that on the FL 150 in divorce proceedings

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, when filling out the FL-150 form during divorce proceedings, you need to disclose all financial assets and obligations. This includes trusts, especially if you are a beneficiary or have any control over the trust. Even if the trust is set up in your name, it's important to list it to ensure full transparency and compliance with legal requirements.

Failure to disclose such information can lead to complications or legal consequences later in the process. It's advisable to be thorough and honest in your financial disclosures to avoid any potential disputes or accusations of hiding assets. If you're unsure about the specifics of disclosing a trust, it's wise to seek legal guidance to ensure you're following the correct procedures.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.