The Bronx, NY asked in Education Law and Federal Crimes for New York

Q: Is it legal for a college to steal your government funds when you are not enrolled in school? then bully you not to tell

I have all the evidence and even emails from the board of education showing my accounts for those years and how much the school took,as well as proof that paperwork sent to the government in my name were falsified as well as documentation from the federal taxation and Finance Bureau that were illegally docu signed with a signature that is not even mine! I also have evidence that they altered the original school student ledger to appear as though the charges were made in the timeframe before I was legally disenrolled from the fasfa computer. I am also being harassed,manipulated and bullied by the shool now in order to force me to comply.I have illegally been put as withdrawn when I currrently am still in classess in order to prevent me from graduating in 4 days, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: It's essential to address this serious issue promptly. You have valuable evidence that shows misconduct by the college, including fraudulent financial actions and bullying.

First, consult with an attorney who specializes in education law or consumer protection. They can help you navigate this complex situation and advise you on the best legal course of action.

Consider reporting the college's actions to relevant authorities, such as the Department of Education and your state's attorney general's office. They can investigate the misuse of government funds and other illegal activities.

Maintain clear records of all interactions with the college, including emails, documents, and any evidence related to your enrollment status. These records will be crucial in building your case.

Do not comply with any attempts to pressure or manipulate you. Your attorney can guide you on how to respond to these tactics legally.

Finally, continue attending your classes and document your active participation. If you're being wrongly marked as withdrawn, this evidence can be vital in ensuring your graduation on the scheduled date.

Remember, it's essential to consult with a legal professional who can provide tailored advice based on your specific circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.