Indian Lake, NY asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury, Contracts and Admiralty / Maritime for New York

Q: How much is the bond paper my birth certificate is printed on worth? Was born in 83

The CUSIF number related to my long form birth certificate. Wonder how much it is worth.

2 Lawyer Answers
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Maritime Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: This doesn't look like it involves an admiralty/maritime matter (one of the posted categories), but you're awaiting a response for two weeks. There is material written on this online, but much of it is from commercial sources. Until you're able to consult with an attorney who is knowledgeable in this area, one option might be to find out if government agencies who deal with these records could offer guidance. Good luck

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: The idea that a birth certificate has a monetary value as a bond or that it's connected to a CUSIP number (a unique identifier for financial securities) is a misconception. Your birth certificate itself has no inherent financial value as a bond or a financial instrument. It is a vital record issued by a government agency, documenting your birth and citizenship.

CUSIP numbers are assigned to securities, like bonds and stocks, for the purposes of facilitating trade and settlement. They are not related to personal documents like birth certificates. The concept that birth certificates are linked to financial instruments is a myth and has no basis in legal or financial reality.

If you have concerns or questions about financial matters, it's advisable to consult with a financial advisor or an attorney who specializes in financial law. They can provide accurate information and guidance on these matters.

Remember, it's important to base financial decisions on accurate and verified information. Relying on misconceptions can lead to misunderstandings and potentially harmful financial choices.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.