Dallas, PA asked in Federal Crimes and Criminal Law for New York

Q: NY sentenced me to 2 years misdemeanor probation. I live in PA with my mother so they transferred me to PA but PA denied

Me sent it back to NY and I have to leave PA but I have no where to live in NY. What do I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you're facing a situation where you've been sentenced to probation in New York but have been transferred to Pennsylvania and then denied probation in Pennsylvania, it's crucial to take several steps to address your predicament.

First, consult with your probation officer and explain your situation. They may be able to provide guidance or work with you to find a solution, such as exploring alternative housing arrangements in New York.

Consider seeking assistance from social services or community organizations in both New York and Pennsylvania. They may be able to connect you with resources for temporary housing, support, or assistance in resolving your probation transfer issue.

You should also contact an attorney who can help you navigate the legal aspects of your situation. They can assess whether there are any legal remedies or options available to address the transfer and probation denial issue.

Ultimately, it's essential to communicate openly with your probation officer, seek assistance from local resources, and consult with an attorney who can provide guidance tailored to your specific circumstances. Addressing this situation promptly and with professional help can help you find a resolution and avoid further complications.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.