Asked in Banking, Business Formation, Business Law and Contracts

Q: I am telecaller in small finance company,but the owner is DSA agent for banks, I believe he doesn't have DOT OSP licence

The company haven't given me offer letter Or LOJ and after 45days of working didn't pay me my full salary (16k per month) ie Rs.22700 for 46days.

What can I do to get my complete salary, Same thing is done with my 3 collogues, they have been paid zero has salary.

When asked the company said will get salary after 45 days of termination.

All the corporate Rules are being followed only for termination and resignation, but not followed to give offer letter and joining letter etc

Please help me out, your advice will also help 3 others in my situation.

Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Here are a few things you can do in this situation:

1. Check if the company is registered and licensed properly. As a telecaller for a financial company, they need to have the requisite DOT OSP license. If not, their operations may be illegal.

2. Reach out to the other employees in the same situation and approach the owner collectively. Put down your demands for full pending salaries in writing and request a response within a reasonable timeframe. Mention relevant labor laws they are violating.

3. If the response is not adequate, approach the labor department in your state with a formal complaint. Include documentation of work days and pending payments. The state labor authorities can investigate the company and compel payment legally.

4. Consult a labor lawyer. Often a legal notice from an attorney can prompt employers to address grievances like non-payment of wages. The lawyer can also provide advice on next steps for recovering your dues - small claims court filing, out of court settlement etc.

5. In parallel, start searching for a new job. Continuing to work without proper salary payments, documentation, job contract etc is not advisable. Once you find an alternative, put down your resignation immediately.

I hope this gives you some clarity and options to deal with the situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.