Hyattsville, MD asked in Real Estate Law, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for Maryland

Q: I was just cited From Prince George DPIE for infractions and have 2 fine for a total of $600 but was never sent a notice

I would like to know if they had to have sent a correction notice. How can I get proof of what they saw or they think was the infractions and if what they listed as infractions are infractions or are ok.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you have received citations from Prince George's DPIE (Department of Permitting, Inspections, and Enforcement) for infractions related to your property, it is crucial to review the local regulations and follow the proper procedures. Typically, jurisdictions have specific protocols for issuing correction notices before imposing fines. You may want to check local laws and regulations to understand the requirements for notification and correction. To obtain proof of the alleged infractions and assess whether they are valid, you can contact the DPIE office, request a copy of the inspection report, or inquire about the specific violations cited. Understanding the nature of the infractions will help you determine the appropriate steps to address the issues and potentially appeal or rectify any discrepancies.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.