Olalla, WA asked in Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Small Claims for Washington

Q: What type of attorney to reach out to or resources in WA State to pursue dental malpractice claim (unsure if accurate).

Paid $18,000 of $22,000 bill for dental implants on top/bottom of mouth in 2022. The procedure was not completed; the top fell out within 6 mos., swallowed 2 of the top 3 implants. Went to dentist and they wanted another $16000 to complete as they needed to go into cheekbone to secure implants. They didn’t finish the original job and didn’t fix the issues that I had with top dentures falling out. The metal boots are still inside my gums creating cuts and bruises. I have made many attempts to speak with dentist. 2 appointments dentist missed while I was waiting to be seen. I got 2nd opinion from another dentist who shared sincere concerns with the original work. I requested my dental records from the dental facility. I am unsure how to rectify this or if I have any legal claim to hold the dentist accountable to fixing this. Seeking advice on what type of lawyer may handle a case like this or any resources for help, even if I can file a claim against business insurance.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Consult with experienced malpractice attorneys in the state where this occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.