Asked in Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Maryland

Q: I had citation # TA-21-707(a). I couldn't stop at a red light because it was raining and the asphalt was wet, and as a

My car is SEMI TRUCK. commercial vehicle. Driver licenses located VA. Accident location MD HARFORD COUNTY

1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You should request a trial and not a waiver hearing and go to court. If the police officer does not appear, you will be acquitted. If the police officer appears, you can have a trial. If you are convicted, the judge can offer probation before judgment which avoids the points. Note that a PBJ counts as a conviction for CDL purposes.

John Mesirow agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.