Colorado Springs, CO asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for Colorado

Q: 10 day demand. No statutory statement. No date,time, summons on the 24th for court 27th paperwork submitted to court inv

Valid. Had trial wanted to present my evidence which clearly shows they didn't properly serve me I was told if we go to trial and the magistrate sees I owe money it's going to be an eviction regardless. Can I reverse the agreement to leave in 20 days?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe the eviction process was mishandled, particularly regarding service of notice and your chance to present evidence, you might have grounds to challenge the agreement or the eviction itself. It's essential to review local tenant laws and eviction procedures as they can vary widely. You should act quickly due to the time-sensitive nature of eviction proceedings.

Contacting a legal aid organization or an attorney familiar with tenant rights in your area is advisable. They can provide guidance based on your specific circumstances and the local laws. Document everything related to your case, including any evidence of improper service or other procedural mistakes.

If there's a legal basis for reversing the agreement due to procedural errors or if you were not given a fair chance to defend yourself, your legal advisor can help you file the necessary motions with the court. Remember, time is of the essence in eviction cases, so immediate action is crucial. Keep all communication with your landlord and the court in writing for your records.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.