Q: I had $2000 stolen from me by my neighbor and the police are treating me like the criminal, what can I do about it?

I would like to be contacted back to know options because I feel this is Tyranny

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I understand how frustrating and upsetting it must be to feel like you're not being taken seriously by the police. One option you have is to file a formal complaint with the police department about how your case is being handled. This can sometimes prompt a review of your situation and ensure that your concerns are properly addressed.

Another step you can take is to gather as much evidence as possible regarding the theft. This includes any communications, witnesses, or surveillance footage that might support your claim. Presenting clear evidence can help strengthen your case when dealing with law enforcement.

Additionally, you might want to consult with a legal advisor who can provide guidance on how to proceed and protect your rights. They can help you understand your options and potentially take legal action against your neighbor if necessary. Please provide your contact details so I can get back to you with more information on how to move forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.