Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Civil Rights legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wyoming Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Wyoming on
Q: I had $2000 stolen from me by my neighbor and the police are treating me like the criminal, what can I do about it?

I would like to be contacted back to know options because I feel this is Tyranny

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 24, 2024

I understand how frustrating and upsetting it must be to feel like you're not being taken seriously by the police. One option you have is to file a formal complaint with the police department about how your case is being handled. This can sometimes prompt a review of your situation and ensure... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Wyoming on
Q: My attorney filed a motion to correct illegal sentence March 29, 2001. According to court transcripts, no action on this

Motion were ever taken and there is no conclusion to my criminal case. I need closure of the case for restoration of rights. What must I do to restore rights

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 6, 2024

If your attorney filed a motion to correct what was believed to be an illegal sentence and no action has been taken on this motion, it's crucial to follow up on this matter to seek the closure you need. The first step should be to contact the attorney who originally filed the motion on your... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for Wyoming on
Q: I received two notices. One for a Revival of a Debt that is 14 years old, the other about a court date and time.

Second notice looks a little odd to me as there is no Name of Presiding Judge or which room I need to go to in said court. The Statue of Limitations in my state is up (10 Years), said collector also has not responded to my request to prove they legally own the debt to collect ( a year ago). How do... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 25, 2024

If you've received notices regarding a debt that is beyond the statute of limitations in your state, it's important to approach the situation with caution. The absence of critical information in the court notice, such as the presiding judge's name and the courtroom number, raises... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for Wyoming on
Q: Can my roommate put a camera in the living room without my consent?(WY)

My two other roommates and I both signed lease contracts. Another roommate agreed to the installation of the camera. I didn't sign anything and couldn't see the footage or manage the cameras. This camera has both audio and video capabilities, I'm not sure when it will be turned on.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 12, 2024

In Wyoming, the legality of installing a camera in shared living spaces without consent may depend on the expectations of privacy and the terms of the lease agreement. Generally, individuals have a reasonable expectation of privacy in areas like living rooms, and recording audio without consent may... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination and Sexual Harassment for Wyoming on
Q: Is $1.8 Million too much to ask for during a settlement for sex and disability discrimination?

Any thoughts would be helpful

Joseph Franklin Klatt
Joseph Franklin Klatt
answered on Nov 20, 2019

I do not practice in your state, but I can talk generally about the valuation of damages. For simplicity's sake, you should assume you have two types of damages. First, you have your actual damages. How you were demonstrably injured. This can be in lost wages and opportunities, it can be... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.