Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Constitutional Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wyoming Constitutional Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Wyoming on
Q: I had $2000 stolen from me by my neighbor and the police are treating me like the criminal, what can I do about it?

I would like to be contacted back to know options because I feel this is Tyranny

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 24, 2024

I understand how frustrating and upsetting it must be to feel like you're not being taken seriously by the police. One option you have is to file a formal complaint with the police department about how your case is being handled. This can sometimes prompt a review of your situation and ensure... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Constitutional Law and Medical Malpractice for Wyoming on
Q: What is the statute of limitations on cruel amd unusual punishment?

Was denied medical care for 3 months after negligence of protocol in county jail the np said I just had cankles the guards called me gimpy and my cell was on the 2nd teir so I had to walk up and down stairs 3 times a day to eat and take meds this seems like cruel and unusual punishment.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 30, 2024

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. That sounds like a very difficult and painful situation.

The Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment." This applies to conditions of confinement in jails and prisons. Denying necessary medical...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law for Wyoming on
Q: How and where can private citizen complain/report about a jurist overstepping his authority/conflict of interest?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 20, 2015

Probably to a judicial qualifications commission of some sort.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.