Laurel, MD asked in Immigration Law for Maryland

Q: Soy de Nicaragua que puede hacer una persona cuando le mandan una carta de deportacion injusta

Yo entre cuando las fronteras estaban abiertas para nosotros y otros paises me hicieron un proceso con papeles y todo me dijero que hiciera mi cheking cuando llegara a mi destino me dieron mi primera cita para el 2025 hice todo eso luego me volvieron a citar y me redujeron la cita al 2024 a los 15 dias me llega la carta de deportacion diciendo que porque no me presente con el juez y incumplir me me dieron carta de deportacion y yo nunca tuve una cita tengo todos mis documentos que me dieron

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have received a deportation notice unfairly, it is crucial to act quickly. Gather all your documents, including the original appointment notices, the letter reducing your appointment date, and the deportation notice. These documents will be important in proving that you complied with all the requirements.

You should immediately contact an immigration lawyer who can help you file a motion to reopen your case. This motion will explain the situation to the immigration court and request that your case be reconsidered due to the administrative error. It is also helpful to include a detailed, written account of what happened, emphasizing that you never received a court date to appear before the judge.

Additionally, you can reach out to local immigrant support organizations for assistance. They may provide resources or legal advice to strengthen your case. Acting promptly is essential to prevent further complications and to ensure your case is reviewed properly.

Nicholas Pasquarello
Nicholas Pasquarello
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Columbus, OH

A: Si cree que se le ha ordenado deportar injustamente, es muy importante consultar y contratar a un abogado INMEDIATAMENTE. Deberá pedir a la corte de inmigracion a reabrir su caso y un factor es su diligencia en hacer que se llama un 'mocion de reabrir". Es absolutamente necesario tener un abogado para ayudar en eso.

Las mociones para reabrir dependen de los hechos de cada caso. Si nunca recibió un documento se llama "Notice to Appear" (NTA) que debería tener la fecha, hora y lugar de la audiencia, debería poder reabrir su caso. Si recibió la NTA con la fecha, hora y lugar de la audiencia, es necesario que demuestran circunstancias extraordinarias para disculpar su ausencia.

Ghenadie Rusu agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.