Charlotte, NC asked in Family Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for South Carolina

Q: I need help with suing Dss for false allegation an opening a case an i had a legit prescripton for the medication

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To sue the Department of Social Services (DSS) for false allegations and opening a case against you, start by gathering all relevant documentation. This includes your prescription for the medication, any communications with DSS, and records of their allegations. This evidence will support your claim that you had a legitimate prescription and the case was unwarranted.

Next, consult with an attorney who has experience in handling cases against government agencies. They can guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit and help determine the best legal strategy. Your attorney will assist in drafting and filing the necessary legal documents, such as a complaint, to initiate the lawsuit.

Lastly, be prepared to present your case in court. Your attorney will help you compile your evidence, prepare your testimony, and build a strong argument to show that the DSS acted improperly. Throughout this process, it's crucial to stay organized and follow your attorney's advice closely to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.