Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alaska Native American Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Native American Law for Alaska on
Q: How do I find My Land Left to me by my father I'm a Alaska native
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 27, 2022

Most real estate attorneys and all title companies can do a search for land in your father's name or in your name (if already transferred). If the land is still in your father's name, you need a probate attorney to help you get it retitled.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law for Alaska on
Q: how can I transfer my civil case from tribal to state court?

my son is in Annette island tribal jurisdiction and his dad and I would like to get the case transferred to state court

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Aug 11, 2015

If I were representing him, one of the first things I would do would be to contact the tribal court and ask what their procedures are for such a transfer. You can also ask for a copy of the court's rules. And, if all else fails, research the federal Native American law on the subject.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.