Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Adoption legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Connecticut Adoption Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Adoption and Family Law for Connecticut on
Q: I was born in Puerto Rico but I was adopted in New York and changed my name how can I obtain a B.C. With my new name?

Really need a birth certificate to get license help please

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 12, 2024

To obtain a birth certificate with your new name after being adopted in New York, you will need to follow a specific process. First, you should contact the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene or the Vital Records office in the city where your adoption was finalized. You will... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption for Connecticut on
Q: Can the birth mother give the child up for adoption even if tehe birth father wants the child?
Kenneth Mitchell Kaplan
Kenneth Mitchell Kaplan
answered on Apr 23, 2011

The birth father needs to establish that he is the Fatherby filing some documentation to Establish Paternity. If he does, then his Consent is necessary. But just saying that he is the Father will not typically require his Consent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.