Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Connecticut Questions & Answers
Q: How does 80% of an HOA enforce the results Special Meeting not recognized by current board that isviolating828,47-250(c)

Is there a CT. State statute that supercedes chapter 828, sec. 47-250 (c) (d)? Current board abused its position. 80% of Assoc. held a Special Meeting on the 15th day after current management refused to recognize this meeting at the direction of a corrupt and negligent Board. The Signature sheet... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Business Law and Contracts for Connecticut on
Q: Trying to settle a debate regarding the enforceability of a contract.

Home inspector has a contract that states the report they've produced for the client cannot be transferred, sold, etc to anyone else. Client backs out of purchase. A new buyer starts the process of buying the property and ends up connecting with the first buyer who offers to sell the report... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Connecticut on
Q: Can you legally refuse a 5150 hold for suicidal intent?

Purely hypothetical - just something I can’t work through logically.

Suicide is not illegal in the U.S. and as far as I am aware (please correct me if I’m wrong) it is not legal for the government or a third party to force a legal and competent adult into care that would prevent harm... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Personal Injury for Connecticut on
Q: Wife stole my dog We Are separated Vernon PD did zero even after wife hit me with car. DOG,civil?

I am on crutches, she hit my leg and now I crawl.


0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Connecticut on
Q: How could you possibly convict a man of first degree murder with no physical evidence or his DNA at the scene of crime

The statement of co defendants can not be a legitimate reason to imprison an innocent man for 28 years and counting. There was prosecutorial misconduct and the defendants rights where clearly violated. How does one get fair trial or due process with all this bias and misconduct against him. Where... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Construction Law and Contracts for Connecticut on
Q: I have a question abou a home improvement contract

I am a kitchen cabinet refinisher. I have a contract with a customer for a job at the end of September. He called me and sad his other contractors were all delayed doing the backsplash, counters, and flooring. He wants me to delay my part of the job and refund the $500 deposit. He wants the job... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Identity Theft and Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on
Q: I had my identity stolen , i just got a letter from nys tva for tickets or fines for 380 dollars that are from 1994 , .

I did not get a license until 1996 and i don't know ,who got those tickets .. driving with out license and unregistered and un insured , will i get arrested for those tickets . I plan on paying it .but i am also afraid of pleading guilty ,either way i have to pay and that ok .

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: is stalking some one hard to prove
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: what is the maximun jail time for 53a-64? also 53a-60.....53a-181?

reckless endangerment 2nd degree,atempt to commit assault 2nd degree,breach of peace 2nd degree,reckless driving,Ill OPN MV-harass/intimidtion... what is total jail time for all these charges Please

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Tax Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for Connecticut on
Q: I want to start reselling items form a liquidation pallet. Will it affect my mom's goverment benefits ?

I want to resell items from a liquidation pallet. My mom is on government assistance (i.e section 8 and food stamps ) . Will me registering for a EIN # and start reselling affect her assistance ? Even if I don't make any money ?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Domestic Violence, Libel & Slander and Sexual Harassment for Connecticut on
Q: How can I terminate a civil protection order my tenant obtained with false and misleading statements in her complaint?

I called the clerk’s office to find the process for the hearing so that I could prepare appropriately and was told I could directly question the person who wrote the complaint. I could not. Nor could I even present any of the evidence I found showing that some of the statements made in the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Environmental and Land Use & Zoning for Connecticut on
Q: Hello, there is a business a block away from our home that is operating with a grandfathered deed in a residential zone.

They make a lot noise to the extent that we can hear it loudly inside the house during the day. The city says they can do nothing as the business is allowed to operate. I wonder if we can force the city to act based on the noise ordinance. This is city of Stamford in CT.

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Tax Law, Traffic Tickets and Admiralty / Maritime for Connecticut on
Q: “Cash price” means the total amount in dollars at which the seller and buyer agreed the seller would transfer unqualifie

“Cash price” means the total amount in dollars at which the seller and buyer agreed the seller would transfer unqualified title to the goods, if the transaction were a cash sale instead of a sale under a retail installment contract.

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Connecticut on
Q: When you refuse a breath test does it have to be in the presence of a 2nd Officer or can it be done separate

And if a second Officer does it separate must he / she ask the question over, such as "do you refuse to take a breath test" for the purposes of Per Se hearings?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Connecticut on
Q: Does a second officer need to be present in order to witness the refusal of a breath test or can it be done separately

And if it is done by a separate officer are they required to ask the question? Do you refuse to take a breath test.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Connecticut on
Q: CAN AN ARREST warrant be issued against a surviving spouse of a cosigner of a safe deposit for not returning contents


0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on
Q: In CT, can an ticket be overturned w/no points if the Statute/Ordinance # is incorrect and doesn’t apply to my vehicle?

Before my accident on the Boston Post Rd btwn 5-5:30 AM, I had a sudden change in my vision, then I heard a voice outside the car asking if I could get out. I must’ve blacked out. Until I reached the hospital I don’t recall having sight. I only heard voices.

After exiting the car, I... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.