Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Collections legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
District of Columbia Collections Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Collections and Real Estate Law for District of Columbia on
Q: How do I collect a judgment awarded by the Court against a contractor that caused major damage during home repairs?

Hello - A real property lien has been filed with the state. The defendant jointly owns a house with his mother (she lives elsewhere), and a foreclosure case on the property is in progress. The mother is trying to refinance in order to keep the house. As the property has considerable market value... View More

Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
answered on Dec 9, 2016

Try finding a foreclosure attorney, bankruptcy attorney, and collections lawyer online, and ask if they take cases on a contingency. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me on my law practice website. This answer does not constitute legal advice;... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.