Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Nursing Home Abuse legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Massachusetts Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Massachusetts on
Q: Steps on how to move my mom back to the states from Puerto Rico after just living there for two years ?

My mom moved two years ago to take care of her mom. A month ago my grandmother had a stroke. And her siblings have told us that my mom herself is not doing well. My mom’s family has Alzheimer’s in her family. My sisters and I have been trying to get her paper work and ID to get her back, her... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 24, 2024

To move your mom back to the states from Puerto Rico, especially under these complex circumstances, it's crucial to approach the situation methodically. First, gather all necessary documents that prove your relationship to your mom, such as birth certificates and any legal documents pertaining... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Massachusetts on
Q: Caregiver for senior with dementia and diabetes suspected of abuse/neglect. Who to report to?

It's practically a known fact that the caregiver for my girlfriend's father (who is also my neighbor) has been negligent to the point of abuse. However there is no solid proof of this. Adult Protective Services asked him if he wanted them to begin an investigation. The man has dementia... View More

Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
answered on Aug 14, 2018

This sounds like neglect and you should contact the Elder services office again to report that you have this information.

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law, Nursing Home Abuse and Wrongful Death for Massachusetts on
Q: Is not reporting an a death from e coli at a nursing home illegal?


Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
answered on Jan 23, 2018

Depending upon how long ago the death occurred there may possibly be a nursing home malpractice/tort claim which you should investigate as soon as possible. This involves someone being appointed Personal Representative by the Probate Court to obtain medical records of the decedent for an evaluation... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Massachusetts on
Q: resident in nursing home in mass, family suing how do I find info

resident in new England home for the deaf, danvers ma, died family suing how do I find info?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 25, 2015

Info on what? A case that was filed? Courts have case dockets that can be searched and/or clerk's offices where public case info or files can be requested. For some courts, some of this info is available online.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.