Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wrongful Death Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Wrongful Death for Nevada on
Q: I'm mother of Carlos m. Perez Jr 's first son,Giovanni Vasquez. My son's been excluded from his deceased father's case?

Carlos m Perez Jr is my sons biological father. For some time now I've been inquiring about his case n can't get no response from neither the Perez family or said stated attorney potter...Potter.... my son is very much a part of this case as well as his other child..

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Wrongful Death for New Mexico on
Q: My son was in a rollover accident he was the passenger and both people in vehicle where ejected and died

It was a single car accident can I sue for wrongful death I'm his mom he was 29

Mark Caruso
Mark Caruso
answered on Jun 20, 2022

My name is Mark Caruso with Caruso Law Offices, and I would like to answer your questions.

Yes you can bring a claim on behalf of your son. Because your son was a passenger and not at fault for the crash, you can sue on behalf of his estate. First, you would need to get appointed as the...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Wrongful Death for California on
Q: Wrongful death or excessive use of force?

Armed Person fleeing from police hidden behind wall to cover from police fire recieved fatal head shot, is it wrongful death?

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Texas on
Q: My girlfriend hung herself in jail and died from her injuries can I pursue legal action and sue them for negligence

Or is only her immediate family able to do so

Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
answered on Jun 14, 2022

Only her immediate family, I am sorry for your loss.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for Louisiana on
Q: A misplaced n g tube was Actual Cause of death. Discovered after prescription do I have a path forward to sue?

Actual Cause although mentioned by ER Doctor 5 times, n g tube looped in distal esophagus, tip terminated, coiled in hiatel hernia above diaphragm blocking airway, my family was told septic shock and bowel perforation killed my mother. I feel this has been criminally mishandled.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 18, 2022

A Louisiana attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother. Condolences to you and your family. Yes, you could possibly have a path forward, but no one here could say for certain until the records are reviewed by medical... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for Massachusetts on
Q: Can you physically acquire a criminal's property if they filed jointly with someone who has no criminal record?

For example, if your wife killed someone by driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and they are currently in the system for future sentencing. Can a civil attorney of the victim's family take her mortgage or the estate's value if she filed jointly with her husband who committed... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 20, 2022

A Massachusetts attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. This is something that would require more thorough analysis than solely looking at tax filing status (you mention filing jointly). Attorneys would look at ownership of the property and assets, not only tax... Read more »

Q: Case tossed from Supreme Court January 6, 2021. Dignity and Respect EEOC filed 12-21-1987. When is an agency liable…?
Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen
answered on Jun 1, 2022

I am sorry but your post is so short and bereft of any helpful detail that it is virtually impossible to provide you with a helpful answer. I would suggest re-posting with more information.

When you do, please state what kind of case was tossed from the Supreme Court, what you mean by...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Products Liability, Federal Crimes, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Missouri on
Q: CDC and Pfizer tried to have the court seal the pretrial covid vaccine data for seventy 70 years.

The first release showing 1291 serious adverse events. Second document release showing 1k deaths from the vaccine/gene therapy. Due to the status of the vaccine not appoved, this is withholding and trying to seal pertinent information that would be required by Title 21 human experimentation... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Child Support, White Collar Crime and Wrongful Death on
Q: I know the criminal orchestrated western title Inc, western escrow and title registered agents inc. So many aliases.

Gerald allen Christian dob 12/30/1958 & his children qdult (not mine with him) he has notaries, q way to read fake non good faith hidden restrictions qnd covenants removed ...fake mergers , names inside hobs real estate attorney and ever fraud reporting site. Westerntitleinc will please read... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death and Health Care Law for California on
Q: Can I file a person injury case against Kaiser for not doing what they were supposed to

My dad was on hospice in Kaiser they were supposed to informed me when my dad got worse for we can say our goodbyes n they didn’t the day he died they had a meeting had him sign papers I had no idea that was going on I told them not to have a meeting unless I was informed because he was on... Read more »

Theodore Allan Greene
Theodore Allan Greene
answered on May 28, 2022

You should immediately talk to a personal injury attorney who also handles medical malpractice. There are very strict timelines that you must not violate so you should talk to someone right away or you could lose the chance to do something.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse and Wrongful Death for Tennessee on
Q: I was my 102 yr old grandmother's caregiver and we were evicted because property owner wanted to sale property.

The Local Deputy Would Not Approve For My Grandmother to go to where I had made arrangements for Us to live after becoming evicted. Threatened to Arrest Me for Elder Abuse if I didn't agree to let them transport GMA to Nursing Home Facility. So Under Distress I Was Cohersed into letting them... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Legal Malpractice, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for California on
Q: To Whom It May Concern: I am a legal nurse consultant with extensive experience in Emergency and Trauma nursing care.

I review medical records, create chronologies and perform merit reviews with a strong clinical eye to help strengthen your case.

Please contact me!

Kerri Calloway, BSN, RN, CEN, TNCC


Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
answered on May 21, 2022

GOOD LUCK.............

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for Missouri on
Q: Can a certified lifeguard in the state of missouri be held liable if someone drowns in a municipal public pool?
Todd N. Hendrickson
Todd N. Hendrickson
answered on May 20, 2022

That depends on a lot of factors. All I can say at this point is it's possible.

2 Answers | Asked in Wrongful Death for New York on
Q: What can I do if the hospital essentially played a part in my grandfather’s death?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 15, 2022

I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandfather. As a first step, your family could reach out to law firms that handle med mal/wrongful death matters. Most law firms handling such matters offer free initial consults. Upon preliminary review, if a firm believed there could be a potential basis... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for New York on
Q: Can a cousin file a wrongful death claim
Jonathan R. Ratchik
Jonathan R. Ratchik
answered on May 10, 2022

Sorry for your loss. Generally speaking, a wrongful death lawsuit can only be brought by the duly-appointed representative of the estate, either the executor (if there was a Will) or administrator (if there was no Will). Although you can certainly file a petition to be appointed administrator,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Maryland on
Q: How long after death can you file for wrongful death?

My son was killed 15years ago.The killer is in jail now.

Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley
answered on Apr 28, 2022

3 years for a wrongful death that occurs in Maryland. There are no exceptions, as the time limit on commencing suit is deemed part of the substantive cause of action. I am sorry for your loss. Unless the jailed killer has assets, I do not see how you would satisfy a judgment even if the claim... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.