Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Antitrust legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Louisiana Antitrust Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Antitrust and Internet Law for Louisiana on
Q: My parents will has nothing in it about my mothers jewelry. However my father split his guns with my 2 brothers yrs ago.

I'm the only girl and the baby. It was always known that I was to inherit mother's jewelry collection. My oldest brother is the exacutor of my trust and was the beneficiary of my parents estate for past 7 years. Mother died n November and dad in 2018. We are at the end of the succession... View More

Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan
answered on Feb 11, 2022

You need to contact an attorney who handles successions and estate matters as soon as possible to file the proper pleadings to review the pleadings filed, protect your interest and to object to the inventory your brother has likely filed, if it does not have your mother's jewelry listed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.