Antitrust Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Antitrust Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Antitrust, Business Formation, Business Law and Employment Discrimination for California on
Q: Is it legal in CA to start a business that is competitive with a former employer?
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Jul 28, 2020

It depends on whether you signed any trade secret agreements in your former employment. They could use that to claim you were using confidential information to contact your former clients, whether it is true or not. There is no legal prohibition against competing against a former employer using... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California on
Q: Can News paper censor comment I posted on the news website

I commented on a article that was related to Covid-19 there were hundreds of defamatory comments about An individual who had his grocery’s taken for not wearing a mask .my comment was simply this.

I wrote “ask-yourself how many people you come into contact with on a Daily basis.... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on May 23, 2020

Newspapers regularly decide which letters to publish. Your comments are no different than a letter to the editor. They don't have to print every letter they get, and the same goes for the comments to their articles online. The editors always have the last say on what gets published, even in... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Antitrust and Small Claims for Virginia on
Q: What happens if you're a arrested and the wrong name is on the warrant?

If a police officers charges you with a crime but didn't spell the name on the summons or warrant correctly what happens?

Daniel P Leavitt
Daniel P Leavitt answered on May 7, 2020

They will fix it for you if you tell them it's not spelled right.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Real Estate Law and Antitrust for Washington on
Q: BC resident settled case from July 2015.Attorney held about $5000 in trust & has passed away.need help to recover funds

I am a BC resident involved in a MVA in July of 2015. Claim has been settled. However, my attorney held about $5000 in trust in order to pay back my insurance company. Before he was able to pay back, my attorney has died, and attorney who took over his files claims he has no idea about the deceased... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 5, 2020

It could be difficult to track down if the attorney did not make a notation of it in the checkbook for the trust fund account that the incoming attorney could identify. And it looks like the incoming attorney doesn't have information on it. Maybe the bank could assist you if they have any... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Antitrust, Banking, Business Law and Civil Litigation for Alaska on
Q: law school as difficult as people think?
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Nov 14, 2019

More difficult

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Estate Planning, Personal Injury and Antitrust for California on
Q: I lacked capacity but quit claim my 4homes and am homeless. how do I void this?damage is incalculable.
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Nov 9, 2019

Contact the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles,, 800-399-4529. They might be able to help you.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Contracts, Antitrust and Probate for California on
Q: Would you challenge" integrity ""Legality" and "Un-natural"creation of a Living Trust if the following events applied?

1. Father was very successful quadriplegic who planned his estate thru a will.

2. Had a tragic accident that put him in a coma for 8 wks r.Then incapacitated by doctors reports thereafter.

3. Mom knew that his will would not pass his estate to her only 1/3 of his wealth

4... Read more »

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Oct 20, 2019

This is quite evidently a highly fact-specific situation, which is not suitable for this forum, which is for questions of a general information.

In any event, there are critical facts missing from your narrative that could change the answer 180 degrees. Your best bet is to schedule a...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Antitrust for Florida on
Q: He gets angry and holds my child as a pawn towards me and doesn’t let me see him when it’s my week to have him

I have him after not seeing him for 3 weeks because his dad wouldn’t allow me to get him and now I’ve only had him for 2 days and he is demanding that I bring him back home . When I said no he said he has primary custody of him and if I didn’t bring him back that he would have me put in jail.... Read more »

Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber answered on Sep 4, 2019

You should have a parenting plan which defines your time and his time. He cannot block you from having your time. If he does then you need to go to court and tell the judge. There is no "primary custody." The child is shared and you are entitled to your time per the court ordered parenting plan.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Antitrust and Securities Law for Wisconsin on
Q: I was never served the summons and I missed the first court appearance. Can I counter for abuse of process?

I suspected they would file because their attorney's sent me bills to collect, but a summons nor complaint never came. I looked it up on WCCA and saw it today. Summons was filed on 6-17-19. I still haven't received it, but the commissioner adjourned for publication on 7-11-19. Attempted... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Aug 15, 2019

This is not a securities law question.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Antitrust for New York on
Q: Are there any drawbacks that may arise post-judgment if a suit is brought and won in the US against non-US defendants?
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel answered on Jul 9, 2019

Yes. You won't be able to collect your judgment.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Antitrust for California on
Q: Is a clone a human and would homicide be illegal

What if I could prove there were clones surrounding me 200,000 through a diabetes test

Rhonda Mae Hixon
Rhonda Mae Hixon answered on May 16, 2019

A clone of a human would be a human since they share the same DNA, so homicide of a clone would be illegal and a violation of Penal Code section 187, just as it would for a human.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Consumer Law, Contracts and Antitrust for Texas on
Q: Vehicle was hit by another vehicle. Took it to paint shop. Went over the insurance estimate and removed a few items to s

Save some money. When I went to pick up my vehicle all the repairs were done very bad. Very bad.

Then when I got the final invoice the paint shop has changed all the numbers around to make the final bill to equal the original estimate.

Which they had already sent a supplement to... Read more »

Gary D. Peak
Gary D. Peak answered on May 9, 2019

The question is, do you have your vehicle or is it still at the shop? If they still have it I would get an attorney to write a demand letter for the car and regarding the bill. If not, you can simply refuse to pay and if they report it to the credit bureaus then sue them, or if they sue you, file... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Antitrust, Appeals / Appellate Law and Banking for California on
Q: Wells Fargo seeking to hire seven new lawyers
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 6, 2019

This is not a Wells Fargo cafeteria job board. This a professional blog where experienced lawyers answer general legal questions from the public about many different situations, such as whether they can sue there bank for intentional fraud and other crimes committed in the name of making more... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Federal Crimes, Tax Law and Antitrust for Texas on
Q: Who can enforce theft by an employer of employee withholdings and deductions?

This is not an isolated incident this is I believe, all employees over 5 years and at one point there was over a hundred employees. He has deducted for taxes Medicare social security child support none of which has ever been submitted to any of their respective places. I am still suffering behind... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 22, 2019

If any of these allegations are true you should report everything you know to the federal authorities responsible for maintaining these financial records; state with the Social Security Administration and the IRS.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Family Law and Antitrust for Washington on
Q: I don’t have a bank account so my ex wife allowed me to have my employer direct deposit my paychecks into her account an

And now she won’t give me any of my money

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 15, 2019

Unless you give us more information--for example, tell us WHY you ex wife is refusing to "give you any of your money"-there is very little anyone can do to help you online.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Antitrust for Oregon on
Q: what kind of lawyer will i need to represent my interest concerning my mothers last will

i will want a lawyer close to zip 97478

Vincent J. Bernabei
Vincent J. Bernabei answered on Mar 13, 2019

If your interest in your mother's will is contested, you will need a lawyer who has experience in probate and estate litigation.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Antitrust and Communications Law for New York on
Q: Telecom disconnects service without notice.

My local (New York City) telecom company disconnected service (phone + internet) without notice. To have it reestablished, they’re asking for installation fees (to run new connection cables) and increased monthly charges. Is this action warranted under law?

Jonathan David Warner
Jonathan David Warner answered on Feb 14, 2019

If the bill was not paid, they have the right to disconnect.

Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust, Civil Litigation, Identity Theft and Personal Injury on
Q: For about 8 months or more, my cell phone was illegaly wiretapped by law enforcement? What can I do? I have proof.

I have audio recordings of law enforcement officials talking about committing crimes against there own citizens in The Woodlands, TX 77381.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 4, 2019

Suggest you contact the Texas Civil Liberties union and ask for the names of cooperating attorneys near to where you live. You would have to show damages--some are implied, others not.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Antitrust for Georgia on
Q: I went for an interview at USCIS with my wife and she got arrested during the interview.

After visiting her at the prison and speaking to the probation officer and got know she had violation in her probation even before we got married. The immigration has sent me a notice of another interview but I have not gotten date yet. My question is with my wife hidden all this from for a year... Read more »

Allen C. Ladd
Allen C. Ladd answered on Jan 5, 2019

Sir, I'm sorry this has been so difficult for you and your wife.

When will she be released from prison? Can you postpone the interview until then?

The best advice I can give you is to find a good immigration lawyer. A couple suggestions: State Bar of Georgia in Atlanta has...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.