Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Agricultural Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Colorado Agricultural Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Agricultural Law, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for Colorado on
Q: What should I do to stop them & keep them from continuing to use my land/barn? What do I do about the solar panels?

I live out of state, it appears my neighbor has installed solar panels on my property & are using & making improvements to my barn.

Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
answered on Nov 30, 2020

It is nice of your neighbor to make valuable improvements to your property! But, I suspect that your neighbor does not see it that way. I suspect that you'll need to bring a lawsuit to enforce your rights. But, you could start by calling the police to make a trespassing claim or have an... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Agricultural Law and Car Accidents for Colorado on
Q: I hit a cow on hwy281north at nighttime my car was totalled what is the animals owners liability?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 11, 2018

I've been successful in getting compensation from the owner's insurance. If you have collision let your company handle it and go after the owner. If you were injured, then contact a member of the Colo. Assn for Justice. They give free consults.

2 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law for Colorado on
Q: Question: Corporation installed an 18 inch under ground steel pipe across my farm without permission to transfer h20

Sorry more information. farm in western Colorado. Farmer next to my says he has a pice of paper show he has right. Problem the farm has been our ownership since 1901 title clear, no leans, have given about and rights. the farm was share crop and still pipe install 2 1/2 ago. absent... View More

Chad Jonathan Lee
Chad Jonathan Lee
answered on Aug 1, 2011

It depends on what your neighbor's written document provides and whether you consented to the installation. In almost all cases, the corporation must obtain a written easement to install a pipe across your property to convey water. The uses of the pipeline will be strictly limited to what is... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.