Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Connecticut Bankruptcy Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Connecticut on
Q: I want to file for bankrupt and I live in ct all my debt is from ny

All debt came from a divorce

Stuart Nachbar
Stuart Nachbar answered on May 8, 2017

You file where you have lived for the past 180 days continuously.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Collections and Consumer Law for Connecticut on
Q: They withdrawl all my money from my bank account amd it say it was natural execution? Dont really now what it means
Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg answered on Aug 22, 2016

This means someone got a judgment against you, filed an execution upon your bank account and attempted to fufill the judgment. If you file an exemption within a limited amount of time (approximately 14 days), you may be able to get some of your money back. The execution should have been... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Connecticut on
Q: How many days notice should a person receive prior to having to be ejected from home due to a foreclosure.
Andrew Bresalier
Andrew Bresalier answered on Jan 27, 2014

You will receive a Writ of Possession which is the warning.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Connecticut on
Q: When does the Chapter 13 payment plan begin, at filing or at confirmation?

I filed CH-13 in July of 2009. My plan consisted of $1193 payments for 60 months. One of the creditors began an adversary proceding against me which delayed the process for two years although payments were made timely according to the plan. The judge ruled in our favor on the adversary and now,... Read more »

Andrew Bresalier
Andrew Bresalier answered on Feb 14, 2012

Plan Payments start at filing.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Connecticut on
Q: I have over $30,000 in credit card debt, no savings, no assets. My only income is SS. What can I do? I am 76.
Andrew Bresalier
Andrew Bresalier answered on Dec 8, 2011

The only bar to filing is the Means Test. If you can pass the means test (look at my other response for an in-depth explanation of the means test) then you can file. Next you should examine if you should file, by examining the amount owed and exemptions - you would hate to loose your home or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Connecticut on
Q: Which form do I complete as a creditor requesting notice

I as a creditor need to request notice, which form do i fill out?

Andrew Bresalier
Andrew Bresalier answered on Nov 28, 2011

You should receive notice if your claim was included. If it was not, then you are not subject to the Stay. If you merely wish to receive copies of the pleadings, a simple form, listing the name of the debtor and case # at the top, followed by a sentence stating that you wish to receive copies.... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.