Delaware Criminal Law Questions & Answers

Q: What is the maximum penalty for disobeying a police officer's command while operating a vehicle

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Delaware on
Answered on May 12, 2014
Charles Snyderman's answer
it's a class G Felony. The minimum penalty is $575.Maximum is incarceration for up to 2 years.

Q: Do I need a lawyer for a shoplifting misdomeaner charge?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Delaware on
Answered on Apr 29, 2014
Charles Snyderman's answer
You should definitely contact a Delaware criminal defense attorney

Q: What is the process of applying for expungement of criminal record?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Delaware on
Answered on Apr 25, 2014
Charles Snyderman's answer
The procedure is set forth in detail on the Court's website. Here's a link.


2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Delaware on
Answered on Dec 6, 2013
Kristin Treager Esq.'s answer
I'd suggest that you contact the Delaware Bar Association if that is the State in which you plan to reside and practice. I would also contact the law schools at which you plan to apply. They may have their own rules restricting those who may apply based on criminal history. Another factor to consider is the type of Felony charge on your record. A crime of dishonesty (fraud, embezzlement, etc...) is usually prohibitive. While a DUI might not be prohibitive. Whether...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.