Communications Law Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Communications Law Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law and Internet Law for Ohio on

Q: Can my ex drop telecommunication harassment. Me and her talked over everything and everything is fine now

I really need an answer

Matthew Williams answered on Jun 14, 2019

Your ex can talk to the prosecutor but at the end of the day it’s the prosecutor’s call whether or not to continue the prosecution.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Communications Law for Nebraska on

Q: When investigatory stop occurs thru pretext stop , do I only have to be informed of the pretext stop and not that invest

Do I not have to be informed that as need to exit my vehicle for inventory purposes although I was reinstate eligible that my vehicle was getting towed. I was not arrested and I was told I was getting citation after the inventory of my car. I left my work but evidently looked suspiciouse 7:00pm.... Read more »

Julie Fowler answered on Jun 10, 2019

Many times people consent to a search of their vehicle when requested by law enforcement. If a party consents to the search, it is difficult to be successful on an argument that law enforcement didn't have authority to search the vehicle when the party consented to the search. If you have been... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Business Formation and Communications Law for Louisiana on

Q: Can a private citizen of Louisiana write and place a bill of legislation?

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 2, 2019

As a general matter, bills are usually written by lawmakers. They can also come from other elected officials as well. But lawmakers should be attentive to the voices of their constituents, and many lawmakers welcome correspondence from citizens as to their ideas and thoughts. You could contact the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law and Internet Law for Ohio on

Q: Social media rights to accounts on facebook


Shouldn't people on social media such as fb have rights to there account. Even though you don't directly pay fb they allow adds that are forced on you and there collecting money because of you seeing them. So your essentially making money for fb and should be at minimum considered a... Read more »

Jason Brooks answered on May 28, 2019

Their ability to make money through your use is precisely why you are able to use it for free. Other paid platforms and services give you more rights and control. With that said, you still do retain a copyright in any picture or content you post (to the extent it’s your original — or licensed... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Banking, Business Formation and Communications Law for Idaho on

Q: All 4

Call me 2089822041

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 28, 2019

All 4 what?

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Communications Law on

Q: i want to know, is there any cases that similar with case Springer v Great Western Railway Company (1921) ?

i want to know if there is other cases that similar with the case that i just appointed at my question. thank you

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 13, 2019

This is not an online law library. This is a public forum where experienced lawyers donate their valuable time to answer real legal questions about important matters of general interest to the public. All questions asked are not going to be answered; some are way too complicated to answer online,... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Communications Law for Indiana on

Q: My ex monitors ALL convos between child/me & used transcribed recording as evidence, lying about origin. What can I do?

The recording was from a landline, when the child was home alone. Child & I talk across state lines. Ex also monitors all online activity & shows up places where I’m to drop off child for extracurricular activities.

Bradley Banks answered on May 13, 2019

In Indiana only one side of a call must consent to it being recorded.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Constitutional Law for Mississippi on

Q: It has been two weeks since I was able to talk to my wife in jail. She has no bond and is on suicide watch in Lee county

She just needs to hear my voice and speak with me. It will help her so much and she'll be better. They will not let me contact her anyway. What options do I have to speak with her? I am desperate

Arthur Calderon answered on May 6, 2019

Your only option, aside from visiting her during a set visitation day, would be to contact the jail about putting money on her books so that she can use the phone.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Medical Malpractice for California on

Q: I been implated with several nano & microchip devices in my head and eyes by ceder sinai without knowledge or consent.

I have proof and the microchip in my head is an antenna that works as a receiver for the nearest transmission towers witch is bringing a microwave radio signal to my ears and all i hear is harassment, insults, death threats 24\7 its been making me sick and its very painful and it made me cry... Read more »

William John Light answered on May 2, 2019

Your psychiatrist has medications that stop the microwave radio signals.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Communications Law and Social Security on

Q: fdasfdas


Peter N. Munsing answered on May 1, 2019

this is not a question. Please rephrase in question format.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law and Internet Law for Tennessee on

Q: Can a corporation require me to give access to my phone at any time and expel me if I do not comply? And is this legal?

Im 19 and in a fraternity and our chapter advisor is making members sign a document that says, "Upon request of the fraternity service center, Province Archon, Chapter Advisor, or Executive Officer, I will immediately, without delay, open and share any electronic communication that I have been a... Read more »

Griffin Klema answered on Mar 22, 2019

It sounds like the fraternity is a voluntary non-profit organization. In the U.S. we enjoy what is called freedom of contract, which allows us to make agreements for all kinds of things. Sometimes agreements can't be enforced (even if you sign them). What the document is describing sounds draconian... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Communications Law for Michigan on

Q: Is a parent allowed to take a 15 year olds cell phone that the other parent purchased as form of punishment

Brent T. Geers answered on Mar 18, 2019

Absent some court order to the contrary, while exercising parenting time, the parent may decide if and when the child has access to a cell phone.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law and Internet Law for California on

Q: Is it legal for police to use dispatch records to expose someone when there isn’t a crime committed?

I called dispatch and gave my name. I then created an anonymous email account and contacted city council. A police officer wrote back (CCing the city council) and addressed me by name, which was given to police dispatch. is this legal? I feel that I’ve been targeted unfairly and the officer had... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi answered on Mar 16, 2019

Insufficient information to offer any kind of sound advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law, Legal Malpractice and Communications Law for California on

Q: The police removed my anonymity as they had information I gave them from calls I made to dispatch. Is this legal?

I live in an area that has serious traffic issues. I created an anonymous email account to contact city council about this. I also called the police a lot about this and gave my name to the dispatch center. In an email response from the police that included the city council, my name was used. Is it... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow answered on Mar 13, 2019

this is not my area of law but I assume absent an agreement you might have an uphill road to climb.

anyone can sue anyone for anything at any time........the question is what is the value?

you can always sue in small claims for a minimal cost, and sue for up to $10k, but you must...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law for Florida on

Q: My attorney and I (excutor) met and I received 3 checks for 3 TRUSTFUNDS is his fiduciary duties done?

I pointed out a mistake made on TF checks. I gave them back. The Attorney was going to make corrections. Told me to pick them up the following day this was a year ago. I still as of today received the TFs Monies. Once check were wrote did this end attorney's fiduciary duties?

He has now... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Feb 27, 2019

Obviously the attorney's duties (as trustee, I assume) are not done, at least until the checks are properly written, accepted, and deposited. It looks like the attorney wants to meet with you about this, which also indicates that the matter is not over.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Communications Law for Georgia on

Q: Yes what is the sentence with harassment communications? Please tell me something cause I have court March 3rd

David Edward Boyle answered on Feb 26, 2019

Harassing phone calls is a misdemeanor in Georgia for each call made.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Antitrust and Communications Law for New York on

Q: Telecom disconnects service without notice.

My local (New York City) telecom company disconnected service (phone + internet) without notice. To have it reestablished, they’re asking for installation fees (to run new connection cables) and increased monthly charges. Is this action warranted under law?

Jonathan David Warner answered on Feb 14, 2019

If the bill was not paid, they have the right to disconnect.

Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Health Care Law for Alabama on

Q: Are radiologists free to be careless, by not putting 'all that may be wrong' on reports?

The CT shows one side is more dense than 6 months ago, the brain sinus hyperattenuations are not mentioned. Dr.'s do not or can not view radiological films, due to being 'overridden' by what the radiologist says.

Timur Akpinar answered on Jan 30, 2019

No medical professional, or other professional, for that matter, has free license to be careless. The premise is that they will act diligently, thoroughly, professionally, and exercise their best medical judgment in examining films and outlining their findings. Are some more thorough than others?... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Communications Law and Federal Crimes for Oregon on

Q: Is it legal to have audio surveillance at a restaurant?

The restaurant I work at installed surveillance cameras a few months ago. I just found out it also has audio surveillance. We were not informed they could listen to us. Is that legal?

Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Jan 18, 2019

If everyone was told they were recording yes, otherwise it is illegal to recover conversations in Oregon without the consent of all parties, implied or otherwise.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.