Delaware Divorce Questions & Answers

Q: If a wife informs her husband that she will no longer have sex with him, is it grounds for divorce?

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Delaware on
Answered on Sep 14, 2015
Terrence H Thorgaard's answer
No, but actually he doesn't need grounds. All he needs to allege is irreconcilable differences between him and his wife, and he can get divorced.

Q: What is divorce without ancillary matters

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Delaware on
Answered on Feb 12, 2013
Charles Snyderman's answer
A divorce dissolves the marriage. Ancillary matters that sometimes have to be resolved include dividing up property, awarding alimony, and deciding whether one party must pay the other party's costs and attorney's fees. A divorce without ancillary matters is the dissolution of the marriage, without asking the Court to decide other issues.

Q: What is rule to show cause

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Delaware on
Answered on Jan 5, 2013
Charles Snyderman's answer
One party to a lawsuit has the right to ask the Court to take certain action. Before the Court takes that action, the judge can issue an Order giving another person a time limit within which to come forward and explain why the Court should not take that action.

The topic you selected is "divorce law," so an example from Family Court might help. In a recent case, a father prevented a mother from having contact with their children. The mother filed a petition with the Family Court asking...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.