Delaware Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers

Q: I need to know if i have a case, malpractice or at this time wrongful death for spouse

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Delaware on
Answered on Jun 9, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Suggest you contact a member of the Delaware Ass'n for Justice like Thomas Crumplar--you can tell him I suggested you call. Malpractice cases are tough, and a bad result doesn't mean you have a case--even a horrible result. But you should check with Mr. Crumplar. If he can't help you try Jim Erisman's office.

Q: Does a firm have to tell you they represent the party you're seeing them about suing, or can they string you along?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Delaware on
Answered on Jul 31, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Find out why it's a conflict. If they had been representing the other party they should have told you so. If it's that they represent a potential witness, that is a little different--a conflict but they only have to tell you when they figure it out. However you need to find another attorney so contact a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Assn--they give free consultations.

Q: I fell off scaffold had surgery the doctor some how got my bicep muscle in my shoulder and missed a slaptear i

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Delaware on
Answered on Jan 26, 2015
Robert D. Kreisman's answer
I understand that your injury was exacerberated by what may amount to medical negligence. The problem in my opinion with your description is that from a lawyer's point of view, the damages that you may prove would not economically be a feasible and satisfactory result for you and your lawyers' efforts. The reason being that the damages you may be able to prove satisfactorily do not measure up to the enormous expense it would require just to prove that the doctor(s) were negligent and were a...

Q: Can I sue my doctor if im pregnant after a tubal ligation?

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Delaware on
Answered on Nov 12, 2013
Charles Snyderman's answer
Whether you can bring a successful lawsuit against the doctor depends on whether the doctor breached the standard of care, and if he did, whether that breach resulted in harm to you. Before a lawsuit can be filed in Delaware for medical malpractice, an affidavit of merit must be obtained from a medical expert which addresses these two issues.

Q: During lung surgery surgeon ruptured my breast implants. permanent damage involved to breast and lungs

2 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Delaware on
Answered on Jan 11, 2013
Charles Snyderman's answer
I am sorry to hear about your injuries. You have 2 years from the date of the surgery within which to sue. In order to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in Delaware, you will need an attorney. Before the attorney can file suit on your behalf,the attorney will want to have copies of your medical records. The attorney will then have to consult with a surgeon and find out whether there was a breach of the standard of care, and whether that breach was the cause of your injuries. Medical...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.