Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Jersey Election Law Questions & Answers
3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Election Law for New Jersey on
Q: I was forced off a public sidewalk by a sitting elected town council person while viewing a public event. My recourse?

A currently elected and serving elected town council person ordered me from a sidewalk in front of his store during a public event, parade. The reason he made the order is simply that we have different point of view on how government is run and he does not like me. I was in the peaceful act of... Read more »

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq. answered on Feb 5, 2019

Best to speak to a civil rights lawyer rather than a criminal lawyer.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.