Kansas Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers

Q: where can I look up my case number?

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Kansas on
Answered on Jul 25, 2018
Peter N. Munsing's answer
You can call your state Attorney General. It sounds like a scam. Most AG's offices don't call themselves "Department of the Attorney General, " for one thing. It would be "This is Jane Doe with the Kansas Attorney General's office of ______________________"

Q: Would I be within the statue of limitation for medical malpractice

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Kansas on
Answered on Dec 25, 2017
David Adams' answer
There is only a two year statute of limitations in Kansas. This date can be considered to run from the date that you were first able to discover that malpractice had been committed. There might still be some time left to get a case on file in your case. Please consult an attorney immediately. It will be necessary to find a physician who can review the case and give a formal opinion that what the other doctor did constituted malpractice.

Q: If your doctor prescribes you a medications that is on your files that you are allergic to it and he is aware of it.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Kansas on
Answered on Oct 11, 2017
David Adams' answer
The doctor should be liable if they prescribe a medicine that you are known to be allergic to. The bigger question might become, "what are the extent of damages?" If the medicine did not cause a more serious medical event or problem, then it would likely be hard for a lawyer to justify the time and expense of a lawsuit. In any case, notifying the state board of hearing arts would be one way to document the failure of care, and put the licensing people on notice that there is a bad doctor out...

Q: Is this medical negligence?

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Kansas on
Answered on Jun 30, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
It may be but not actionable as you'd have to show harm. Talk to your doctor about next steps. Do not mention any legal action or your own doctor may freeze.

Q: Looking into a case against my sons dr. She almost killed him with a misdiagnosis. Can I sue?

2 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Kansas on
Answered on Jun 5, 2017
David Adams' answer
Liability will depend on what the original doctor should have been able to diagnose, and what effect the delayed diagnosis had on the eventual problems your son developed. These cases often require review from another medical expert in the field. You can contact my office or another attorney that handles medical malpractice cases. There is a two year statute of limitations in Kansas.

Q: How is it ok for doctors to decide if you get treatment or not? To me a 9mm kidney stone needs treatment.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Kansas on
Answered on Jun 1, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
It's up to a doctor to decide what needs treatment and how. If you don't like the tretment, you may find another doctor.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.