Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Education Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nebraska Education Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Education Law and Military Law for Nebraska on
Q: Under what circumstances might a person still be under the legal custody of their parents at 18 years old?
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jan 26, 2023

If you live in Nebraska, the age of majority is 19 years old. Thus, an 18 year in Nebraska is generally still in the legal custody of their parents. One exception to this would be if the 18 year old is legally emancipated by court order.

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law for Nebraska on
Q: How do I fight truancy court in Nebraska with depression and anxiety? Fighting with school for drop forms to get ged.

Haven’t sent her to school for entire 3rd quarter. Tried to transfer scold was never told the school had 45 days to make a decision. School district is playing lots of games and not giving documentation to keep process going and now have a court date where they are threatening to remove her from... View More

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Mar 20, 2023

You need to speak with an attorney right away or you may lose custody of your child. If the child is not going to your local school, the child still needs to be in some type of schooling. Options include an alternative school, private school, or homeschooling. A younger child not attending any... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.