Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

New York Mergers & Acquisitions Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Contracts and Mergers & Acquisitions for New York on

Q: I am moving my s corporation to NY from NJ. Should I do it through Merger and then dissolve NJ Company?

Can they have the same name- so it would be easier for my clients?

Also- if I dissolve NJ within the first month of 2017 - do I have to still pay the minimum tax for the entire year?

Would really appreciate your help!!!!

Michael David Siegel answered on Dec 30, 2016

Unless you have some undisclosed reason for doing it, there is no reason to do this. Just register the company as a foreign corporation in NY. It is a few hundred dollars.

2 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Contracts and Mergers & Acquisitions for New York on

Q: How do I sell/transfer my half of my company to my partner

We are a 50 50 non LLC partnership. There is no tangible property, just company name, domain, and email.I and the company is based in NY my partner is in CA. We do have an EIN

Michael David Siegel answered on Oct 14, 2016

A simple agreement will suffice. You can then re-register the domain and email account.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for New York on

Q: What is the indirect acquisition concept in U.S., and what level would trigger an open offer?

Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 18, 2015

This question can't be adequately answered in the limitations of this forum. You should sit down for a private consultation with a business lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.